Local News Quetta , Quetta
News ID : 88038 Video Version : 1 Script Version : 1
Blast targeting police kills one, injures 17 in Pakistan’s Quetta.
At least one policeman dies and seventeen others, including thirteen
policemen, have been wounded in a blast that hit a police truck in
Pakistan’s southwestern city of Quetta.
PAKISTAN-BLAST uploaded on VNA on Monday (OCTOBER 18)
DATE: OCTOBER 18, 2021
SHOTLIST: QUETTA, PAKISTAN (OCTOBER 18, 2021) (VAN – ACCESS ALL)
- SECURITY PERSONNEL MANNING CRIME SCENE TAPE AT BLAST SITE
- DAMAGED POLICE TRUCK THAT WAS HIT BY BLAST/POLICE AND RESCUE OFFICIALS STANDING
- VARIOUS OF SOLDIERS DIVERTING TRAFFIC FROM CLOSED ROAD
- PEOPLE GATHERED
- TRAFFIC/PEOPLE GATHERED
- SOLDIERS GESTURING TO TRAFFIC
- POLICEMEN AND RESCUE OFFICIALS STANDING NEAR VEHICLES
- VARIOUS OF AMBULANCE LEAVING HOSPITAL
- AMBULANCE AS INJURED BEING BROUGHT TO HOSPITAL
- HISPITAL OFFICIALS TAKING OUT INJURED FROM AMBULANCE WHILE ANOTHER INJURED BEING WHEELED BY HOSPITAL STAFF
- INJURED MAN ON STRETCHER
- HOSPITAL STAFF TAKING OUT INJURED FROM AMBULANCE
- INJURED POLICEMEN BEING TREATED AT HOSPITAL WARD
- MEDICS WALKING THROUGH HOSPITAL CORRIDOR
- MEDICS TREATING WOUNDED MAN
- MORGUE OFFICIAL COVERING BODY WITH WHITE SHEET
STORY: At least one policeman was killed and seventeen others, including thirteen policemen, were injured when a blast hit a police truck in Pakistan’s southwestern city of Quetta on Monday (October 18), officials said.
Balochistan government spokesperson Liaquat Shahwani said in a statement that a police truck deputed outside Balochistan University gate was targeted and an explosive device was planted in a motorcycle.
Law enforcement agencies and rescue officials cordoned off the area after the blast.
Civil Hospital Spokesperson Dr. Wasim Baig said they received 17 injured included 13 police officials.
Balochistan Home Minister Ziaullah Langove said that police officials were providing security to protesting students outside the univarsity when the blast took place.
No group immediately claimed responsibility for the attack.
Last month, four security personnel were killed and two others injured in a bomb attack on a vehicle of the Frontier Corps in Harnai district of Balochistan.
PAKISTAN: IMRAN KHAN/COURT
PAKISTAN: SUPREME COURT
PAKISTAN: -BANNU OPERATION