Gur tea restaurant in Quetta attracts customers from all over Pakistan.
People in Pakistan's southwestern province Balochistan take to a local tea stall in Quetta, the largest city of the province on Monday to enjoy Gur Chai in winter season.
Shotlist: QUETTA, PAKISTAN (JANUARY 8, 2019) (VNA – ACCESS ALL)
1. FRONT LOOK OF THE ROADSIDE TEA STALL.
2. TEA VENDOR AT SHOP MAKING TEA.
3. TEA IN CUPS ALONGSIDE GUR (JAGGERY).
4. GUR CHAI (JEGGERY TEA).
5. TEA VENDOR TALKING TO THE CUSTOMER (UNSEEN).
6. GUR IN A PLATE.
7. ADDING GUR TO THE TEA.
8. TEA IN MAKING.
9. POURING IN CUPS.
10. MAN SERVING TEA TO CUSTOMERS.
11. MEN AT THE STALL TAKING A SIP OF GUR TEA.
12. A MAN ORDERING THE TEA.
13. TWO MEN TALKING ABOUT THE GUR TEA.
14. A BOY SERVING THE TEA.
15. (SOUNDBITE) (Urdu), UBEDULLAH, A GUR CHAI LOVER, SAYING: "I came here from Mastung, only to enjoy this [Jaggery] tea. You will find this kind of tea nowhere else in the entire Quetta. We don't leave for Mastung until we enjoy the tea. He [the tea vendor] makes such a great Gur (jaggery) Chai that could be found nowhere else."
16. MAN TAKING A SIP OF TEA AND PRAISING THE TASTE.
17. (SOUNDBITE) (Urdu), SHARAF-UD-DIN, THE GUR CHAI VENDOR, SAYING: "I am in this [tea making] business since last 15 years. People from other cities of Pakistan come to Quetta to enjoy this Gur tea.
18. MEN AT THE STALL TAKING A SIP OF TEA WHILE HAVING DISCUSSIONS.
Gur Chai or jaggery tea is among the favourite hot drinks in Quetta, provincial capital of Pakistan's southwestern region during winter as it adds nutrition, taste and vitality to the cup. People in Quetta took to a local tea stall on Monday (January 8) to enjoy the Gur Tea and start their day.
The tea stall, situated at Gahi Khan Chowk of Quetta's Saryab area, is famous among the people inside as well as from outside of Balochistan due to its special Gur Tea. They believe that [the Gur Chai] is a delightful winter quaff that is elixir in treating winter ailments.
Ubedullah, a truck driver who transports goods from Mastung to Quetta loves the taste of this Gur Chai and stops by to enjoy the fantastic concoction.
"I come here from Mastung to enjoy this [tea]. You will find this kind of tea nowhere else in the entire Quetta. We don't leave for Mastung until we enjoy the tea. We take tea and then leave. He [the tea vendor] makes such a great Gur (jaggery) tea that could be found nowhere else," he said.
The tea maker, Sharaf-ud-Din says that he has been making this Gur Chai in Quetta for the last 15 years.
" I am in this [tea making] business since last 15 years. People from other cities of Pakistan come to Quetta to enjoy this Gur tea.," Sharaf-u-Din said.
Jaggery is rich source of potassium, which play an important role in the maintenance of acid levels in a human body. It also helps in detoxification of liver, good for digestive system, enhances immunity, but it should b consumed in huger doses.
End of shows and script
VNA Karachi..... Mohsin.