PAKISTAN: TOURISM FESTIVAL
Local News Islamabad, ISLAMABAD
News ID : 83711 Video Version : 1 Script Version : 1
Three-day Mega Tourism Festival begins in Islamabad
A three-day Tourism Festival, organized by Pakistan Hang Gliding and Paragliding Association (PHPA) and the Cutting Edge Group begins in the Pakistani capital.
Shotlist: ISLAMABAD , PAKISTAN (MARCH 05 , 2021) (VNA – ACCESS ALL)
- VARIOUS OF PARAGLIDER TAKING OFF
- PARAGLIDER IN THE AIR
- VARIOUS OF HANG GLIDING IN ACTION
- MORE OF PARA GLIDING ACTIVITIES
- VARIOUS OF MINISTERS ARRIVING
- VARIOUS OF MINISTERS INTERACTING WITH PARAGLIDERS
- (SOUNDBITE) (Urdu) PAKISTAN’S FEDERAL MINISTER FOR INFORMATION AND BROADCASTING, SHIBLI FARAZ, SAYING:
- “This is a very positive activity. Although Sarwar Khan said it was an expensive hobby, the truth is that it is not at all an expensive hobby. People should come with their families to enjoy this adventure festival that has been set up at the behest of Prime Minister Imran Khan who specifically wants to push tourism. This is an occasion to learn about your country and other countries . Internal and external tourism will also create jobs.”
- (SOUNDBITE) (Urdu) SPECIAL ASSISTANT TO PAKISTANI PM ON OVERSEAS PAKISTANIS & HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT, SYED ZULFIQAR BUKHARI, SAYING:
- “ This was a team work which has produced this 3-days’ function in which there will be concerts, activities, para gliding, para sailing, food and culture. It is a 3 days event. The aim of Pakistani Tourism Department is that there should be family tourism, adventure tourism. You will witness this in the next two three days. “
- VARIOUS OF HANG GLIDERS LANDING
- MINISTERS POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHS WITH PARAGLIDERS
- PARAGLIDERS CHANTING: “ LONG LIVE PAKISTAN”
- RIDERS GETTING READY FOR TENT PEGGING
- VARIOUS OF TENT PEGGING IN ACTION
- PEOPLE WATCHING
“It is a great feeling. The government has made very good arrangements. We enjoyed the tent pegging, the para sailing and all the games.”
STORY: A Three-day International Tourism Festival kicked off in Islamabad on Friday (March 05).
The Festival is organized by Pakistan Hang Gliding and Paragliding Association (PHPA) in collaboration with the Cutting Edge Group, and has been designed to showcase different Air Show and adventure sports, like paragliding, accuracy landing, wing suit flying, trike flying, sky diving, and power paragliding.
Colorful paragliders from several countries are expected to float in the skies of the capital city for the next three days.
Several federal ministers had gathered at the venue of the colorful event on a bright day in the leafy capital city.
Inaugurating the event, Minister for Information and Broadcasting Shibli Faraz said Prime Minister Imran Khan was giving special emphasis to the promotion of tourism, because tourism will help promote different industries including hoteling and help provide job opportunities to the youth.
Special Assistant to Prime Minister on Overseas Pakistanis and Human Resource Development, Sayed Zulfikar Bukhari hoped that families would visit the three-day long Mega Islamabad Tourism Festival as a family recreation.
“ This was a team work which has produced this 3-days’ function in which there will be concerts, activities, para gliding, para sailing, food and culture. It is a 3 days event. The aim of Pakistani Tourism Department is that there should be family tourism, adventure tourism. You will witness this in the next two three days,” he said.
Bukhari said Pakistan was bestowed with natural magnificence, diverse culture, eye catching arts and crafts, mouthwatering cuisine and extraordinary music that needs to be shared with the world.
Scores of food stalls, local and international restaurants have been set up to cater to visitors of the festival.
The festival will continue till March 7.