Local News Karachi , KARACHI
News ID : 81396 Video Version : 1 Script Version : 1
Protests against France continue in Pakistan.
Hundreds march in Pakistan’s Karachi to protest against French President Macron’s recent remarks on Islam.
Shotlist: KARACHI , PAKISTAN (NOVEMBER 1 , 2020) (VNA – ACCESS ALL)
- EFFIGY SET ON FIRE BY ACTIVISTS BELONGING TO JAMAAT E ISLAMI (JI)
- PROTESTERS HOLDING BANNER THAT READS (IN ENGLISH) “ MACRON YOU HAVE ATTACKED ON 2 BILLION MUSLIMS”, CHANTING .
- PROTESTERS CHANTING “DEATH TO FRANCE”
- VARIOUS OF PROTESERS CHANTING AND MARCHING
- PROTESTER WITH PLACARD THAT READS “MOHAMMAD” STUCK TO HIS SHIRT FRONT.
- MORE OF PROTESTERS MARCHING.
- (SOUNDBITE) (Urdu) AMEER JAMAAT E ISLAMI KARACHI, HAFIZ NAEEM, SAYING:
- “We demand that the French President should accept his mistake and apologize to two billion Muslims; and the United Nations should take legislative action on this incident. Blasphemy should be declared as treason and its punishment should be death.”
- FEMALE ACTIVISTS BELONGING TO IMAMIA STUDENTS ORGANIZATION (ISO) MARCHING
- BURQA-CLAD PROTESTERS HOLDING BANNER THAT READS (IN URDU) “DEFENDING OF PROPHET’S HONOR”
- ISO PROTESTERS CHANTING
- PROTESTERS CARRYING BANNER WITH “MOHAMMAD” WRITTEN ON IT IN ARABIC
- VARIOUS OF PROTESTERS MARCHING
- FRENCH FLAG WITH CROSS PAINTED ACROSS IT
- VARIOUS OF BURQA-CLAD WOMEN MARCHING.
- POLICE BLOCKING ROAD LEADING TO FRENCH CONSULATE
- VARIOUS OF ANTI-RIOT POLICEMEN .
- PROTESTERS STANDING OVER HUGE PICTURE OF FRENCH PRESIDENT MACRON SPREAD OUT ON PAVEMENT
- FEET ON MACRON PICTURE
- PROTESTERS CHANTING: “ANY FRIEND OF FRANCE IS A TRAITOR’
- PROTESTERS HOLDING BANNER CHANTING
- PROTESTERS RAISING THEIR HANDS AND CHANTING: “WE ARE SLAVES OF THE PROPHET”
- LEADERS OF ISO
- (SOUNDBITE) (Urdu) GENERAL SECRETARY ISO, ALLAMA MUBASHIR HUSSAI, SAYING:
- “The Muslim Ummah is giving this message to France and to the French President Macron, that he should apologize to the entire Muslim world over his blasphemous remarks. He should act against Charlie Hando and all those who have tried to desecrate the name of the Holy Prophet. If they continue to follow the same policy, then the Muslim Ummah will be compelled to take severe action. I also demand that the Muslim Ummah should break off diplomatic relations with France, boycott goods made by French companies so that these enemies of Islam are compelled to bow before the Muslim Ummah. “
- VARIOUS OF PROTESTERS CHANTING
- PICTURE OF FRENCH PRESIDENT SPREAD ON GROUND SET ON FIRE BY CROWD
- PICTURE BURNING
STORY: Hundreds of activists belonging to Jamaat e Islami, and Imamia Students Organization (ISO) took to the streets of Pakistan’s port city Karachi on Sunday (November 01) to express their anger over French President Macron's policy of allowing the right to publish controversial cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed.
President Macron's anti-Islam remarks and the insulting caricatures of the holy Prophet have sparked anger across the Muslim world.
Angry protests have been held across Pakistan in the past week, with protesters asking the Pakistani government to break off relations with France, to declare the French Ambassador to Islamabad persona non grata, and expel him from the country.
On Sunday, around 500 angry ISO protesters marched towards the French Consulate in the city to register their condemnation of the blasphemers.
However, police contingents barricaded the roads leading to the heavily guarded French Consulate, and stopped the protesters from getting near.
The demonstrators set fire to the French flag and a picture of the French President before dispersing.
At the same time, around 300 supporters of Jamaat-e-Islami (JI), a mainstream religious party, marched through the streets of Karachi chanting slogans to denounce Macron’s anti-Islam remarks and the insulting caricatures of Prophet Muhammad being publicized in France.