PAKISTAN AIRPLANE CRASH DEATH
Local News Karachi
News ID : 78550 Video Version : 1 Script Version : 1
Teenage girl, injured on ground in Pakistan plane crash, dies.
Teenage domestic maid, who was injured on ground in Friday’s (May 22) Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) flight PK-8303 crash in Karachi, dies at Burns Centre in the city.
SHOTLIST: KARACHI, PAKISTAN (JUNE 1, 2020) (VNA – ACCESS ALL)
1. HOSPITAL STAFF WHEELING BODY OF DOMESTIC MAID, NAIDA, 12, INJURED ON GROUND IN PLANE CRASH, TO AMBULANCE
2. MOURNERS SITTING IN VILLAGE
3. MOURNERS PLACING COFFIN ON GROUND
4. RELATIVES HOLDING BOUQUET WITH PAPER ATTACHED TO IT READING “ON BEHALF OF CEO PIA”
5. VARIOUS OF FUNERAL PRAYER BEING OFFERED
6. IMAM AND MOURNERS PRAYING WITH RAISED HANDS
7. (SOUNDBITE) (Urdu) PROVINCIAL LAWMAKER, HALEEM ADIL SHAIKH, SAYING: “On that day, this girl went there to work at houses after travelling about an hour and then this plane crash took place. She had 59 percent burns. She martyred (died) today.”
KARACHI, PAKISTAN (RECENT FILE-MAY 26, 2020) (REUTERS-ACCESS ALL)
8. PATIENTS INCLUDING DOMESTIC MAID, NAIDA, 12, INJURED ON GROUND IN PLANE CRASH, ON HOSPITAL BEDS
KARACHI, PAKISTAN (RECENT-MAY 27, 2020) (REUTERS-ACCESS ALL)
9. HIGH VIEW OF VILLAGE
10. FAMILY SITTING ON ROPE COT OUTSIDE HOUSE
11. VILLAGE HOUSES
KARACHI, PAKISTAN (RECENT, MAY 22, 2020) (REUTERS-ACCESS ALL)
12. VARIOUS OF WRECKAGE FROM CRASHED AIRPLANE AS RESCUERS WORKING
STORY: Teenage domestic maid, who was injured on ground in Friday’s (May 22) Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) flight PK-8303 crash in Karachi, died at Burns Centre in the city on Monday (June 01).
Naida, 12 was wounded with burn injuries alongwith Aziza, 20, her aunt and Mahira, 18, her cousin, also domestic maids.
Some local politicians, PIA staff and relatives attended Naida’a funeral prayer at her village Jam Kando Goth, located at the outskirts of Karachi.
97 people onboard died, there were two survivors from onboard the aircraft, while no fatalities were reported in the densely populated area of the city where the aircraft crash-landed.
Six people including two survivors of the crash were injured, according to provincial health department.
Around 12 - 15 women from Jam Kando Goth, located at the outskirts of Karachi used to go for work in the Model Colony neighborhood where the ill-fated PIA flight crashed last Friday.
They had resumed work just four – five days before the crash, as they were refused work due to lockdown.
The work on the flight and the cockpit voice recorders of the Pakistani airplane will start from June 2 in France, the French aviation investigation authority has said.
An 11-member team of experts from an Airbus facility in the French city of Toulouse arrived in Pakistan last week to conduct an independent probe into the crash involving its aircraft.