Local News Lahore , LAHORE
News ID : 76244 Video Version : 1 Script Version : 1
Factory fire kills at least ten in Pakistan’s Lahore.
At least ten people have been killed after a fire erupts at a local perfume factory on the edge of Lahore, Pakistan’s cultural capital.
SHOTLIST: LAHORE, PAKISTAN (JANUARY 28, 2020) (NIGHT SHOTS) (VNA – ACCESS ALL)
1. FLAMES RAGING THROUGH FACTORY BUILDING
2. RESCUE VEHICLES ARRIVING
3. RESCUE WORKERS PLACING BODY INTO AMBULANCE
LAHORE, PAKISTAN (JANUARY 28, 2020) (VNA – ACCESS ALL)
4. VARIOUS OF RESCUE WORKERS STANDING AT DEBRIS AS SMOKE RISING FROM SMOLDERING WRECKAGE
5. CRANE CLEANING DEBRIS/SMOKE RISING
6. RESCUE WORKERS PULLING OUT BODY FROM RUBBLE
7. WORKERS COVERING BODY WITH SHEET
8. RESCUERS CARRYING BODY ON STRETCHER
9. RESCUE WORKERS CLEARING DEBRIS
10. GUTTED AND COLLAPSED PART OF FACTORY BUILDING
11. RESCUE WORKERS CLEARING DEBRIS
12. WORKERS STANDING ON DEBRIS
13. MACHINES AND WORKERS CLEARING DEBRIS
14. RESCUERS LOOKING FOR SURVIVORS
15. RESCUERS CARRYING STRETCHER
16. MORE OF WORKERS SEARCHING FOR SURVIVORS
STORY: At least ten people were killed when a fire erupted at a local perfume factory on the edge of Lahore, Pakistan’s cultural capital, local media reported on Tuesday (January 28).
A gas cylinder explosion at the factory was blamed to cause fire around mid night. The fire engulfed a nearby house causing roofs of both the house and the perfume factory collapse.
The dead included men, women, children and the owner of the perfume factory.
The fire was doused later.
Rescue officials were searching for survivors after recovering bodies from beneath the rubble.
According to local media reports, the factory was a colour-dying unit and also housed some of the employees on one of the floors of the building.